aIlIl005 The Tony Oxley Alan Davie duo
Tony Oxley, percussion, violin, ring modulator, compressor, octave splitter; Alan Davie, piano, cello, sopranino saxophone, bass clarinet, vibraphone, xylophone, ring modulator.
Tracks 1, 4 and 5 recorded live by SM International Zurich on 6 June 1974 during
a concert at Gimpel Hanover Galerie Zurich; track 2 recorded on 5 September
1974 in Cornwall; track 3 recorded on 16 January 1974 in Hertford;
track 6 recorded on 4 September 1974 in Cornwall; and tracks 7 and 8 were
recorded on 5 March 1975 in Hertford.
- Song for the little dog (05.32)
- Cavern of the snail for cello and cymbals (06.42)
- Adventures with a magic ring (04.35)
- Fruit flambé (05.28)
- Song for the serpent (05.24)
- On the seashore (04.21)
- Fragment from a suite 'Country music' (03.29)
- Fish fascinator (06.25)
- 'Bird trap' for violin and cello (03.37)
- High tide mark (04.56)
Cover painting (reproduced above) by Alan Davie, Squeeze the rainbow,
1961, oil on paper.
Originally issued on The Alan Davie Music Workshop LP ADMV 005.
Go to List of aIlIl recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page