Balance Point Acoustics Bpa010 Cruxes
Aurora Josephson, voice; Joëlle Léandre, double bass; Damon Smith, double bass; Martin Blume, drums.
Ces Grésillantes annés cosmococciques (studio)
Tracks 1-8 recorded on 19 October 2004 at 1510 Studios, Oakland; tracks 9-12 recorded on 18 October 2004 at the Berkeley Art Center.
- Risen like Venus from the flatlands of Brooklyn (03.41)
- Imaginary paintings/Imaginary frames (05.19)
- Siberia of the mind [JL/DS] (02.51)
- The elusive basilisk [AJ/MB] (01.25)
- Scriabin the derailer [AJ/JL/DS] (04.33)
- Tanglefoot flypaper (03.35)
- Napolean's favorite wine (Gevrey-Chambertin) [AJ/MB] (01.45)
- Praxis (04.09)
Sizzling cosmococcic years (live)
- De papier Tue-mouches (06.23)
- Un soeur de charité [AJ/JL] (05.11)
- Tableaux imaginaires/Cadres imaginaires [JL/DS/MB] (07.27)
- Hodie mihi, cras tibi! (19.38)
Front cover (reproduced above) four linocuts by Aurora Josephson; graphic design by Alan Anzalone.
Go to list of Balance Point Acoustics recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page