Creative sources CS 106 New logic for old saxophones
John Berndt, 1933 Buescher soprano and 1935 Conn alto saxophones.
Recorded at 2640 Space, Baltimore on 9 and 27 May 2010.
- A slow descent into the flower (03.39)
- Phantasm (01.36)
- Melancholy at the base of the volcano (for Gianni Gebbia) (04.13)
- Manifold (02.22)
- We are not ourselves (02.15)
- The alloy of summer and mind (01.46)
- All the forgotten conversations (03.01)
- A material answer (for Christine Sehnaoui-Abdelnour) (05.52)
- The levels (03.27)
- Specifics (03.41)
- The long road from Doha to Barsoom (02.13)
- Noncontinuum (03.42)
- Capsules (for Anthony Braxton) (05.55)
- Wheels made of water (04.36)
- Roiling ascent (06.31)
Photography (front cover reproduced above) by John Berndt.
Go to List of Creative Sources CDs or to Independent Recording Labels Page