Cuneiform RUNE 330/331 Heart's reflections
Wadada Leo Smith's Organic
Wadada Leo Smith, trumpet, electric trumpet; Michael Gregory, electric guitars; Brandon Ross, electric guitar; Josh Gerowitz, electric guitar; Lamar Smith, electric guitar; Angelica Sanchez, acoustic piano, Wurlitzer electric piano; John Lindberg, acoustic bass, electric acoustic bass; Skuli Sverrisson, electric bass, 6-string bass; Pheeroan AkLaff, drums; Stephanie Smith, violin; Casey Anderson, alto saxophone; Casey Butler, tenor saxophone; Mark Trayle, laptop; Charlie Burgin, laptop.
- Don Cherry's electric sonic garden (for Don Cherry) (20.50)
Heart's reflections: splendors of light and purification (tracks 2-9) (for Shaykh Abu al-Hasan al-Shadhili)
- The Dhikr of radiant hearts, Part I (02.33)
- The Dhikr of radiant hearts, Part II (06.27)
- The majestic way (09.13)
- The Shaykh, as far as Humaythira (07.29)
- Spiritual wayfarers (06.11)
- Certainty (05.24)
- Ritual purity and love, Part I (03.25)
- Ritual purity and love, Part II (02.32)
Recorded at Firehouse 12 Recording Studio, New Haven, CT.
Heart's reflections: splendors of light and purification (tracks 1-3) (for Shaykh Abu al-Hasan al-Shadhili)
- Silsila (05.35)
- The well: from bitter to fresh sweet water, Part I (06.13)
- The well: from bitter to fresh sweet water, Part II (05.02)
- Toni Morrison: the black hole (Sagittarius A*), Conscience and epic memory (for Toni Morrison) (10.35)
- Leroy Jenkins's air steps (for Leroy Jenkins) (22.29)
Package design (front cover reproduced above) by Bill Ellsworth.
Go to list of Cuneiform recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page