Discus 1 Listen
Mick Beck, tenor saxophone; Alan Wilkinson, baritone and alto
saxophone; Charlie Collins, flute, bass clarinet, bass saxophone; Martin Jones, trumpet, flugelhorn;
Tom Spears, trumpet; Mary Schwarz, viola; Ross Lambert, guitar; Linda Lee Welch, voice; Mary
Oliver, voice; Nigel Manning, clarinet, flutes; Pete Rosser, accordion; Geof Walmark,
bass trombone, trombone; Dave Ellis, double bass, tuba; Paul Hession, drums, percussion.
Recorded at Axis Recording Studios, Sheffield, in November 1988.
- Barbél (06.54)
- The rough with the smooth (17.17)
- Fanfare for Mick (04.31)
- The Universal Church of Truth: world's biggest Byzantine hamburger stall (11.32)
- The next symphony: movement 1, minimalism (04.33)
- The next symphony: movement 2, legato for two 'string' quartets (05.17)
- The next symphony: movement 3, three-quarters of an Eastern disc (06.54)
- The next symphony: movement 4, crescendo (04.18)
- Living my life (06.08)
- Convertorio (07.14)
Cover art (reproduced above) by Ross Lambert; photograph by David Bocking.
Go to list of Discus recordings, or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page