Discus 12CD Winter pilgrim arriving
Martin Archer, sound processing, synthesizers, Bb and bass clarinets, sopranino saxophone, consort
of recorders, violectronics;
Simon H. Fell, double bass (tracks 2, 4); Gino Robair, percussion (track 4);
Mick Beck, bassoon (tracks 7, 8);
Derek Saw, cornet (tracks 2, 4, 7, 8);
Tim Cole, acoustic guitar (tracks 3, 8);
James Archer, amplified objects (track 4); Benjamin Bartholomew, electric guitar (tracks 1, 6, 9), acoustic guitar (tracks 3, 5, 8, 9);
Charlie Collins, flute (track 4), sampling (tracks 6-9); Sedayne, crwth (track 8).
Recorded 1998-1999 at Telecottage, Sound Kitchen, Syborg, The Small Palace.
- Angel words (02.13)
- The eclipse farm heresies (09.00)
- Beautiful city on the hill (06.48)
- A dream of broken and floating doors (05.53)
- Horn (01.55)
- Death-runes, death-rumours, ruins, rains of death (06.30)
- Chemistry lock (Mike, Elton, Hugh, Robert) (07.47)
- Winter pilgrims arriving (16.31)
- River followers (for Nick Drake) (10.28)
- Harbour town online (02.03)
Cover art (reproduced above) by Duncan Marshall and Abra Cadaver.
Go to list of Discus recordings, or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page