ECM 016 372-2 (ECM 1785) Skirting the river road: songs and settings of Whitman, Blake and Vaughan
Robin Williamson, vocals, harp, guitar, whistles; Mat Maneri, viola, violin; Paul Dunmall, tenor and soprano saxophones, clarinet, border pipes, ocarina, moxeño; Åle Möller, mandola, lute, hammered dulcimer, shawn, clarino, drone flutes, natural flutes, bamboo flutes, vibraphone; Mick Hutton, double bass.
Recorded March/April 2001 at Gateway Studios, Kingston-upon-Thames.
- The morning watch; A song of joys (05.32)
- Here to burn (03.48)
- The four pointsare thus beheld (06.21)
- Infant joy (03.26)
- Dalliance of eagles (03.47)
- Abstinence of sows sand (02.55)
- The journey (04.00)
- The terrible doubt; The price of experience (04.47)
- West from California's shores (05.10)
- Shepherd's tune (00.43)
- The map with no north (04.33)
- The spider (03.38)
- The fly (02.43)
- Crossing Brooklyn Ferry (16.34)
- The world of light (03.46)
Cover photograph (reproduced above) and design by Sascha Kleis.
Go to list of ECM recordings on this site, or to Indpendent Record labels page