Emanem 4128 Secret sandhills and satellites
Ross Bolleter, ruined pianos and pianos on the edge of ruin.
Recorded in Austrialia: tracks 2, 3, 4, 9 'remote and precarious field recordings, track 3 in March 2001, others June 2002; tracks 5, 6, 10 at WARPS studios, track 10 in September 2003, track 5 in December 2004 and track 6 in July 2005; track 7 in March 2003; track 8 at WARPS studios in July 2002; and track 11 at Slipstream Piano Showrooms in June 2004.
- Secret sandhills [to the memory of Timmy Payungka Tjapangati c1940-2000] (28.00)
- Axis (06.47)
- Dead marine [for David and Carol Kotlowy] (06.10)
- And then I saw the wind (03.22)
- Chorus line (01.39)
- Save what you can [for Vivienne Robertson] (02.40)
- Going to war without the French is like going to war without an accordion (04.13)
- Time waits [for Bud Powell] (05.59)
- Come night (02.02)
- Jaunty notes of paddocks bright (04.22)
- Old man piano [for Martin Seddon] (01.46)
Front cover photograph (reproduced above) by Vivienne Robertson.
Go to Emanem list of CDs, to list of Emanem LPs, or to Independent Recording Labels Page