Improvised Music from Japan IMJ-516 Secrets of teaching yourself music
Samm Bennett, Korg WaveDrum, vibrators and contact mics, Korg ER-1, Alesis AirSynth, Casio VL-Tone, Bias CD player, bumble ball, can, gong, beepers, effectors, crank-toy with portable karaoke mic.
Recorded live at four concerts in Tokyo: Ekoda Buddy on 7 August 2003; Super Deluxe on 2 November 2003; Off Site on 7 November 2003 and Shinjuku Pit Inn on 6 December 2003; and at Polarity, Tokyo in January 2004.
- Extra added plus (01.50)
- Betweeners (02.53)
- Triumph of the marginalized (01.14)
- Lizard on a leaf (02.34)
- Gas can evidence (00.59)
- Untried procedure (02.22)
- Please tameecha (01.30)
- I'm in no mood (01.16)
- Magazines and whatnot (01.31)
- Non-intervention (02.45)
- Crag and flotilla (01.47)
- Transitory stopgap provisional (03.47)
- You can't burn dirt (04.14)
- Old dry bone (01.18)
- Small tarnished gong (00.59)
- Shady alliance (02.13)
- Everywhere that there we went (01.24)
- Erasing the inevitable (09.49)
- Even if (02.24)
Photography and design (front cover reproduced above) by Ito/Bennett (Polarity Design).
Go to list of Improvised Music from Japan CDs or to Independent Record Labels page.