Incus CD-R2 Chats
Derek Bailey, guitar, voice.
No recording information provided; the following are suppositions... arrived at after some discussion with Derek Bailey. It is assumed that all (except track 5 - at an obvious location - and track 6 at a Chinese restaurant, East London) were recorded at Derek Bailey's home in London.
- Explanation (00.17)
- Eugene (07.57)
- Henry (06.16)
- Fred (05.30)
- Barcelona (02.15)
- Shanghai (03.13)
- The old country (01.37)
- Anecdote (03.30)
- Richard Leigh and the meaning of life (04.34)
- Steve Beresford, gossip and poetry (04.05)
- Olé Audrey (01.13)
- The ballad of Big Bad Ben (01.35)
- More explanation (00.48)
Cover artwork and design (front cover reproduced above) by Karen Brookman.
- Recorded by a film-maker working on a (never transmitted) video of DB; same period as Gig, 1992.
- Assume early 2000; it was definitely recorded after The guitar lesson, released on Victo in 1999 and DB makes reference (included samples) to his CaVanoCoNNoR samplers group whose first appearance was at the 2:13 Club in London on 3 January 1998.
- Previously released on The Aerial #5 as In my studio; no recording date on that release either but down as 1990.
- Lots of rain (2001 floods?), style of playing from last few years, say 2001.
- Very (conventionally) beautiful and untypical Bailey guitar playing, no voice; January 1998, Barcelona
- Conversation in restaurant; no way of working out; last couple of years? say 2000.
- Approximately 1995
- Longer version of track previously released as Table 2 on Violin music for restaurants on ReR; assumed 1987.
- Mention of DB's invitation to play at the ICP 30th anniversary concerts so presumably recorded 1997.
- Recorded in the last three years ie 1998/2000
- Mention of DB biography by BBB: assume 1999
- Different section of track 1, i.e. 1992. Zorn at end of piece
Go to complete list of Incus CDs, complete list of Incus LPs or Independent Recording Labels Page