Incus CD42/43 Epiphany
Ursula Oppens, piano; Fred Frith, electric guitar, live electronics, percussion;
George Lewis, trombone; Anne Le Baron, harp; Akio Suzuki, glass harmonica,
analopos, spring gong, kikkokikiriki; Julie Tippetts, acoustic guitar, voice,
flute; Moto Yoshizawa, bass; Keith Tippett, piano;
Phil Wachsmann, violin,
electronics; Derek Bailey, acoustic and electric guitars.
Incus CD43: Ephiphanies, shorter pieces played by smaller groupings of the same musicians
- Epiphany, a continuous piece on which all the musicians play (48.11)
Recorded at the ICA, London between June 29 and July 3 1982.
- First: Ursula Oppens/Moto Yoshizawa (15.12)
- Second: Julie Tippetts, Phil Wachsmann, Derek Bailey (08.05)
- Third: Fred Frith/George Lewis/Akio Suzuki/Moto Yoshizawa/Derek Bailey (10.45)
- Fourth: (sextet) Anne Le Baron/Keith Tippett/Phil Wachsmann/Moto Yoshizawa/Akio Suzuki/Ursula Oppens (08.50)
- Fifth: Phil Wachsmann/Keith Tippett/George Lewis/Anne Le Baron/Ursula Oppens/Akio Suzuki/Julie Tippetts (06.20)
- Sixth: Moto Yoshizawa/Akio Suzuki/Derek Bailey (18.26)
Production by Derek Bailey and Evan Parker.
Cover design and typography by Karen Brookman.
Originally issued on LP as Incus 46/47.
Go to complete list of Incus CDs, complete list of Incus LPs or Independent Recording Labels Page