Intution INT 3175 2 Heavy Cairo traffic
Koch-Schütz-Studer & El Nil Troop
Hans Koch, clarinets, saxophones, sampling, tapes, sequencer;
Martin Schütz, electric 5-string cello, electronics, sampling;
Fredy Studer, drums, percussion; Reda Schiha, vocals; Shaker Ismail, rababa; Ragab Sadek,
tabla; Moustapha Abdel Aziz, arghoul; Ibrahim Shaheen, gaula; Ismail Haggag, duff;
Mohamed Kholossy, saggat; Ihab Abbas, re. .
- Alaschaan aref albi ma'ak (06.56)
- Makana (03.56)
- Tulli men el maschkabeia (04.16)
- 18, maamal el sokar (04.43)
- Nightclubbing with hatschepsut [dedicated to Grace Jones] (03.20)
- Qissa (04.44)
- Heavy Cairo traffic [dedicated to Sun Ra] (05.29)
- El ghalla ghalletna/Malaib schiha (09.41)
- Belly button rave (07.33)
- Vice versa (06.22)
- Nubian bonus track (06.27)
Recorded 14-17 June 1995 at Empire Studio, Cairo, Egypt.
Graphic concept and realisation (front cover reproduced above) by Josef Jutz.
Go to Independent Recording Labels Page