Jazzwerkstatt JW011 Ways: a songbook
Phil Minton, voice; Veryan Weston, piano.
Tracks 1-7 recorded on 14 February 1987 at Stadtgarten, Cologne; tracks 8-19 recorded February/March 1992 in Porcupine Studios, London.
- Way in: The one way [verse 1], A Way, The one way [verse 2], Way out, Genesis 245 [verses 1+2], Wayward, Genesis 245 [verse 3] (13.13)
- Wayfarers: Prelude to An die musik a) voice, b) piano, An die musik (05.17)
- For you (03.05)
- Midnight bridge: There was a lover and his lass [verse 1], Springtime, There was a lover and his lass [verse 4], Jailhouse rock (10.09)
- Klang nocturne (01.57)
- Another way out: Wayfarer's prelude to the Lost Chord a) voice, b) piano, The Lost Chord (06.11)
- Mourn not the dead (02.27)
- On reading (03.15)
- Fine weather (02.17)
- Midnight (01.32)
- Lion (02.27)
- Flea (01.46)
- Cormorant (03.4)
- Italienisches liederbuch XXIII (02.27)
- Mandelay song (03.01)
- Who's next (03.05)
- Somewhere over the rainbow (01.51)
- Song for old lovers (04.20)
- Rain or hail (01.43)
Tracks 1-7 previously released on ITM 1420; tracks 8-15, 17 and 19 previously released on ITM 1468; tracks 16 and 18 previously released on ITM 1455.
Cover artwork (reproduced above) by Stephen Cochrane.
Go to abbreviated list of ITM recordings or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page