Golden Years of the Soviet New Jazz GY 409/412 Volume III
Homo Liber/Vladimir Chekasin Big Bands/Sainkho Namchylak/Tri-O/Vladislav Makarov/Andrew Solovyev & Igor Grigoriev
GY 409: Homo Liber
Yuri Yukechev, piano, synthesizer, clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano saxophone, timpani, organ, percussion; Vladimir Tolkachev, alto saxophone, flute.
- In memory of Andrey Tarkovsky (16.59); recorded at Conservatoire Novosibirsk on 24 February 1986
- Opus n. 40 (25.30); recorded at Jazz Vega on 15 September 1989
- Six plays, jazz suite (28.30); recorded in 1992
- Postlude (05.50); recording details unknown
GY 410: Vladimir Chekasin Big Bands
- Part 1 (21.33)
- Part 2 (17.11)
Vladimir Chekasin, saxophones, trombone, conducting; Oleg Molokoedov, piano; Leonid Shinkarenko, bass; Gediminas Laurinavichus, drums; Vitas Labutis, alto saxophone; Elvira Shlykova, voice; plus brass band of unidentified musicians. Recorded end 1983-beginning 1984.
- New vitality, live in Vilnius (40.13)
With soloists: Vladimir Chekasin, Petras Vysniauskas, Oleg Molokoedov, Vitas Labutis. Recorded live in Vilnius in August 1982.
GY 411: Sainkho Namchylak/Tri-O
Sainkho Namchylak, voice (tracks 1-7); Mikhail Zhukov, percussion (track 2); Tri-O [Sergey Letov, tenor saxophone, bass clarinet, flutes, zourna (tracks 3-12); Arkady Kirichenko, euphonium, voice, umbrella, tuba (tracks 3, 5, 6, 8-12); Alexander Alexandrov, bassoon, clarinet, flute (tracks 3-9 except 7); Arkady Shilkloper, French horn (tracks 1-12)].
- Sainkho with Pop-Mechanics (05.30); recorded in Leningrad, 18 November 1985
- Sainkho with Mikhail Zhukov (08.26); recorded in Moscow, 19 June 1990
- Hymn (02.52); recorded School of Dramatic Arts, Moscow, 1989
- Transformation of matter (03.37); recorded School of Dramatic Arts, Moscow, 1989
- Lullaby (03.55); recorded Hall of Columns, Moscow, 1991
- Personalities (05.54); recorded Hall of Columns, Moscow, 1991
- Sainkho with Sergey Letov (04.00); recorded at School of Dramatic Arts, Moscow, 1991
- Freedom to bondmaid Izaura (07.39); recorded Hall of Columns, Moscow, 11 June 1989
- Trialogue (05.39); recorded 1988
- Unfinished fughetta (05.45); recorded 1988
- Introduction (04.18); recorded 1988
- Part (05.32)
GY 412: Vladislav Makarov/Andrew Solovyev/Igor Grigoriev
Front cover painting of booklet (reproduced above) by V. Makarov; design by Lora Denis.
The Roof: Andrew Solovyev, trumpet; Igor Grigorev, electric guitar; Mikhail Zhukov, percussion, drums, xylophone.
- Rix (05.18)
- Terror (04.55)
- Engineer V (05.35)
- Clavier (02.12)
Recorded Moscow 8/9 February 1989
Moscow Improvising Trio: Andrew Solovyev, trumpet; Igor Grigorev, electric guitar; Sergey Busakin, percussion, drums.
- Can't think of a title (04.43)
Recorded Moscow 29 July 1988
Asphalt: Andrew Solovyev, trumpet, flute; Igor Grigorev, electric guitar; Dimitry Shumilov, bass; Mikhail Zhukov, percussion, drums.
- Little bird (03.59)
- CD/FG (05.07)
- Dactyl (05.09)
- Quiet song (03.42)
Recorded Moscow 1989
Vladislav Makarov a) McCo: Vladislav Makarov, cello; Alexander Kondrashkin, drums.
- For S. K. (02.39)
- For A. K. (03.19)
Recorded Smolensk 7 February 1983
Vladislav Makarov b) LeMa: Sergey Letov, alto saxophone; Vladislav Makarov, cello.
- For A. M. (03.56)
Recorded 3 May 1985
Vladislav Makarov c) Permanenstvuyshchie (The Permanent): Vladislav Makarov, cello; Valery Dudkin, electric guitar, drums; Nikolai Sudnik, electric saxophone, clarinet; Emily Loseva, voice.
- Pseudofunk (04.34)
- N. 48 (03.57)
Recorded May 1985
Andrew Solovyev, trumpets
- Process (for four trumpets) (18.19)
Recorded Moscow 1990
Go to list of Golden Years of New Jazz recordings,
to list of Leo Recordings,or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page