Golden Years of New Jazz GY 9/10 The African tapes
Famoudou Don Moye/John Tchicai/Hartmut Geerken
Hartmut Geerken, percussion, voice, whistels, bells, etc.;
John Tchicai, tenor saxophone, kettle drums, percussion, voice;
Famoudou Don Moye, drums, percussion, voice.
- Mobimbirutile (07.25)
- Angklung okro (06.24)
- Do you go to Bago? (08.00)
- Backe backe kuchen (02.57)
- Akarakuru (09.53)
- Ghosts (04.48)
- Post-Ramadan exhausters (10.45)
- Kamsar (07.09)
- Yabom Kamara (09.24)
- Mohawk (01.45)
Recorded live in West Africa, April 1985.
- Bo oh bo (15.16)
- The rainbow's over (06.43)
- Conakry overtones (02.34)
- Go down Moses (03.31)
- Xongly plus monro (12.50)
- Reveiller le Belleville (08.58)
- Pink pepper (04.28)
- Panjebo-ta (04.18)
- Mothers (07.27)
- Please come to the stage (02.24)
Design (reproduced above) by Lora Denis; photograph by Agis Kelpekis.
Originally released on LP on the Praxis label; this CD issue containes 8 bonus tracks.
Go to list of Golden Years of New Jazz recordings,
to list of Leo Recordings,or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page