Leo Records CD LR 406 Honky-tonk im nachtlokal: the history of the Chadbournes
Eugene Chadbourne, guitar, banjo, vocals; Olivier Bernet, guitar, vocals (tracks 1-4); Victor Marco, guitar (tracks 1-4); Cédric Privé, violin (tracks 1-4); Jérome Renault, drums (tracks 1-4); Chris Cornetto, keyboards, trumpet, electronics (tracks 5-6); Billy Kettle, drums (tracks 5-6); Walter Daniels, harmonica (tracks 7-10); Barry Mitterhoff, mandolin (tracks 7-10); Roy Paci, trumpet, mouth harp (tracks 7-10); Bob Jordan, toy instruments, Portuguese Man O'War guitar, voice (tracks 11-14); Barry Mitterhoff, mandolin (tracks 11-14); Chuck Rosina, electronics, tape manipulation, sound effects (tracks 11-14).
Tracks 1-4 recorded at Ampli, Pau, France, spring 2002; tracks 5-6 recorded at the Purcell Room, London, summer 2000; tracks 7-10 recorded at Sons D'Iver Festival, Paris, winter 2000; tracks 11-14 recorded at Roulette, NYC, winter 1996.
- Flight of the bumblebee (01.23)
- Up against the wall, you redneck mother (06.00)
- Ketchup loves potatoes (02.59)
- Devilish Mary (03.32)
- Tennessee border (04.50)
- People will say we're in love (05.38)
- I've thought of leaving, too (05.45)
- Rabbit in the peapatch (07.34)
- Needlecase (05.56)
- I'm wasting good paper (07.15)
- Cajun medley (05.07)
- George fox (03.48)
- Georgie buck (04.29)
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk medley: Bright moments/Here comes the whistleman (03.03)
Design (front cover reproduced above) by Dr Chadbourne.
Go to list of Leo Recordings, or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page