Leo Records CD LR 423 Trumpet madness
Aardvark Jazz Orchestra
Mark Harvey, music director, conductor, trumpet; Arni Cheatham, alto, tenor and soprano saxophones, flute; Peter Bloom, alto saxophone, flute, piccolo; Phil Scarff, tenor and soprano saxophones, clarinet; Will Swank, tenor saxophone (tracks 1, 2, 4); Chris Rakowski, tenor saxophone (tracks 3, 4); Dan Zupan, baritone and soprano saxophones, clarinet (tracks 1, 2, 4); Mark Messier, bass clarinet, clarinet (tracks 6, 7); Jeanne Snodgrass, trumpet; K. C. Dunbar, trumpet (tracks 2, 3, 4); Greg Kelley, trumpet (tracks 5, 6, 7); Eric Dahlman, trumpet (track ); Taylor Ho Bynum, trumpet; Jimmy Leach, trumpet (track 1); Rajesh Mehta, trumpet (tracks 5, 6); Dan Shaud, French horn (track 3); John Patton, French horn (track 2); Bob Pilkington, trombone; Jay Keyser, trombone; Russell Jewell, trombone (track 4); Jeff Marsanskis, trombone; Bill Lowe, bass trombone, tuba; Richard Nelson, guitar; John Funkhouser, bass (tracks 1, 2, 3); John Voigt, bass (track 4); Jesse Williams, bass (tracks 6, 7); Jerry Edwards, electric bass; Harry Wellott, drums; Craig Ellis, percussion; Paul Lovens, percussion (track 6).
Cover art (front cover reproduced above) by Kate Matson.
- Flexology (10.45); recorded 19 September 2003 in Chapin Hall, Williams College
- JB's dreamtime (07.55); recorded 14 May 2003 at Regattabar, Cambridge, MA
- Choices for orchestra and improvisor (13.22); recorded 17 April 2004 at Kresge Auditorium, MIT
- Morph (06.47); recorded 19 November 2003 in Killian Hall, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- Trumpet madness (07.05); recorded 28 April 2001 at Kresge Auditorium, MIT
- Spirals (17.03); recorded 28 April 2001 at Kresge Auditorium, MIT
- Voices like trumpets (14.04); recorded 28 April 2001 at Kresge Auditorium, MIT
Go to list of Leo Recordings, or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page