mutable 17503-2 Day of love: the music of Mel Graves
Day of love: text by Pablo Neruda; Mel Graves, contrabass; Bob Afifi, flute; Thomas Buckner, baritone voice; Global village: ETHEL [Ralph Farris, viola; Dorothy Lawson, cello; Todd Reynolds, violin; Mary Rowell, violin].
Day of love
Recorded at Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY in January 1998.
- Introduction (02.21)
- Morning (03.04)
- Your breast is enough (07.09)
- Adonic Angela (02.15)
- Body of a woman (04.10)
- Bass interlude (02.51)
- Leaning into the afternoon (03.38)
- We have lost even (06.05)
- The morning is full (04.21)
- Dance of life - dance of the whirling dervish (09.41)
- Dance of death - dance of the shaman (06.51)
- Dance of the global village (06.49)
Front cover painting (reproduced above) by Susan Adams; design by Matt Schickele.
Go to list of Mutable Music recordings or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page