Mutable/Big Red Media 001 Celestial green monster
Fred Ho/The Green Monster Big Band
Fred Ho, baritone saxophone; Bobby Zankel, alto saxphone; Jim Hobbs, alto saxophone; Hafez Modirzadeh, tenor saxophone; Salim Washington, tenor saxophone; Stanton Davis, trumpet; Brian Kilpatrick, trumpet; Samir El-Amin, trumpet; Taylor Ho Bynum, cornet; Robert Pilkington, trombone; Marty Wehner, trombone; Richard Harper, trombone; Earl McIntyre, contrabass trombone; David Harris, contrabass trombone; Art Hirahara, piano, electronic keyboard; Wes Brown, electric and acoustic bass; Royal Hartigan, drum set; Abraham Gomez-Delgado, vocals (tracks 2-6); Haleh Abghari, vocals (tracks 2-6); Mary Halverson, electric guitar (tracks 2-6).
Recorded at Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY on 17 December 2008.
- Spiderman theme (02.17)
- Blue planet, my love (06.50)
- Journey to the dark heart, enter the serpents of stratification (02.44)
- Mastodon, my friend (00.44)
- Where angels, mastodons, sabertooths and whales fear to tread (01.27)
- The tipping point of no return (04.11)
- Liberation genesis (06.53)
- Blues to the freedom fighters (09.54)
The struggle for a new world suite
- Part of the solution, NOT part of the problem (02.30)
- Original, organic and African (09.28)
- Battleground earth blues (06.14)
- Patience, passion and praxis (03.07)
- Up against the wall *$%&@# gods of corporate profit! (01.37)
- Paper tigers are real scaredy cats (06.28)
- Guerillas gone wild (09.13)
Cover photograph (front cover reproduced above) by Robert Adam Mayer; design by Carin Fortin.
Go to list of Mutable Music recordings or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page