nato 59 Sept tableaux phoniques Erik Satie
Alan Hacker, clarinet (track 1); Steve Beresford, piano (track 2); Tony Coe, clarinets, saxophones (tracks 3, 7); David Holland, piano (tracks 4, 5); Ronnie Goodman, percussion (tracks 4, 5); Lol Coxhill, soprano saxophone (tracks, 4, 5, 8); James Craig, cello (tracks 4, 5); Philipp Wachsmann, violin, electronics (track 6); Saboten, guitar, bass, drums (track 8).
Illustration (front cover reproduced above) by Daniel Cacouault; graphic design by Marianne T (after Pierre Cornuel).
- Alan Hacker: Trois bonbons de York pour Erik Satie (05.49); recorded at the University of York on 17 November 1983
- Steve Beresford: Budapest subway (06.51); recorded at the Chapel of Chantenay-Villedieu on 5 September 1983
- Robert Cornford: Welcome (04.40); recorded at Marly-le-Roi on 14 November 1983
- David Holland: Moving things from A to B (04.05); recorded at Music Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley on 16 November 1983
- David Holland: Faltz waltz (03.15); recorded at Music Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley on 16 November 1983
- Philipp Wachsmann: For memories of an amnesiac (05.24); recorded in London in October 1983
- Tony Coe: Allair mets (06.19); recorded at Marly-le-Roi on 14 November 1983
- Lol Coxhill: Faction de Satie (Can't get no) (06.11); recorded in Japan in October 1983
Re-issued on CD in 2011 as part of the Erik Satie et autre messieurs box set.
Go to list of nato recordings or Go to Independent Record Labels