Okka Disk OD12046 Furniture music
Ken Vandermark, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, clarinet, bass clarinet.
- Resistance [for Evan Parker] (02.08)
- Horizontal weight [for Peter Brötzmann] (03.22)
- So is this [for Michael Snow] (03.58)
- Lines [for Lennie Tristano] (03.55)
- Immediate action [for Jackson Pollack] (02.53)
- Panels [for Piet Mondrian and Erik Satie] (03.10)
- Color fields to darkness [for Mark Rothko] (06.39)
- Would a proud man rather break than bend [for Mississippi Fred McDowall] (03.23)
- Beck and Fall [for Samuel Beckett and Morton Feldman] (03.47)
- Melodica [for Joe McPhee] (03.20)
- Indeterminate action [for John Cage] (02.51)
- Leaves [for Michelangelo Antonioni] (02.48)
- (brüllt) after Jaap Blonk (04.29)
- Panels (03.53)
- Immediate action (02.58)
- Horizontal weight (03.22)
- Color fields to darkness (05.06)
- Would a proud man rather break than bend (04.51)
Recorded in Ken Vandermark's living room on 12 and 19 August 2002 and at 3030 in Chicago on 15 August 2002.
Cover image and furniture (reproduced above) by Nate McBride; graphic design by Louise Molnar.
Go to list of Okka Disk recordings or to Independent Recording Labels Page