Spool SPL 114/LINE 14 Itadakimasu: improvised duets 1994-2000
Brett Larner, 13-string koto, 17-string bass koto, 21-string gu zheng, in duo with:
Photography (front cover reproduced above) by Jess Larner and David Orenstein; layout by Amy Heggie.
- Jim O'Rourke, hurdy gurdy (08.30); recorded 21 November 1996 at Lounge Ax, Chicago
- Ted Reichman, accordion (05.17); recorded 9 December 1994 at the Daltry Room, Weslyan University
- Samm Bennett, electronics (07.12); recorded 3 March 2000 at Deluxe, Tokyo
- John Shiurba, acoustic guitar (07.17); recorded 29 August 2000 at Guerilla Recording, Oakland
- Anthony Braxton, woodwinds (09.08); recorded 4 December 1996 at Crowell Concert Hall, Weslyan University
- G.E. Stinson, electric guitar (02.44); recorded 5 August 1997 at Wall of Masks Studio, Los Angeles
- Gianni Gebbia, alto saxophone (05.45); recorded at Barber Fuji, Ageo
- Taku Sugimoto, acoustic guitar (06.38); recorded 11 September 2000 at Kangeikan Gallery, Tokyo
- Loren Mazzacane Connors, electric guitar (14.07); recorded 12 April 1997 at MPR, Weslyan University
- Gino Robair (06.20); bowed duet on one 13-string koto recorded 29 August 2000 at Guerilla Recording, Oakland
LINE is Spool's improvisor's series.
Go to list of Spool recordings or Go to Independent Recording Labels Page