Sublingual Records SLR012 Principle hope
Daniel Carter/Laurence Cook/Peter Kowald/Jonathan LaMaster
Daniel Carter, reeds, trumpet, flute; Laurence Cook, acoustic and electronic percussion; Peter Kowald, acoustic bass; Jonathan LaMaster, acoustic violin, electric 6-string violin, bowed metal; Keith Fullerton Whitman, realtime audio processing (track 11 only).
Tracks 1-10 recorded at PBS Studio, Westwood, MA on 2 March 2001; track 11 is an edit of a live concert at the Tremont Theatre, Boston, MA on 3 March 2001 in collaboration with Keith Fullerton Whitman who processed all sounds in real time.
- Awakening (05.35)
- Spirit of hope (04.44)
- New flakes on dirty snow (04.02)
- M.S. Darling (07.23)
- Danse de la Liberté (06.33)
- Schöne töne (bass and clarinet duet) (03.42)
- The many and the few (05.12)
- Atlantis by sine wave (violin and drum duet) (05.22)
- Weight of the world (03.52)
- A prayer in the universal language (07.39)
- Live at the Tremont Theatre (04.07)
In addition to the audio tracks the CD features a 16 minute 31 second QuickTime movie of the group in performance at the Tremont Theatre on 3 March 2001.
Design (front cover reproduced above) by Joanne Kaliontzis.
Go to Independent Recording Labels Page